Oven roasted beets are a simple dish, the sweetness of the beets and the saltiness of the feta and the pepitas go very well together to create a colorful, balanced salad.
Drizzle the oven roasted beets, feta and pepita with extra virgin oilve oil and you are ready to go.
There are many ways to prepare beets, grate them raw over salads, add them to your fresh vegetable juice, steam or roast beets and marinate with lemon juice, herbs and olive oil.
Beets are a root vegetable that are best known for their deep crimson color.
They have been enjoyed in various forms for a long time and are regarded as a healthy source of important nutrients such as potassium, iron, phosphorous, calcium and a number of other trace minerals.
Oven roasted beets are an amazing vegetable, so try to incorporate beets into your daily diet.
- High in immune-boosting vitamin C
- High in fiber
- High in essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function)
- High in manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas)
- Contain the B vitamin folate
- They’re great for the liver, as they stimulate the liver’s detoxifying processes
- The pigment (betacyanin) in beets is a powerful anti-cancer fighting agent and that paired along with the high fiber content of beets, can help protect against colon cancer
- Rich in carotenoids, which may help boost brain functioning and stave off depression
Pick beets that feel firm in your hand, never soft with a smooth skin. If you purchase beets with the greens attached, try and cut the greens from the beets as soon as you get home; leaving 1 to 2 inches of stem attached. If you are not using them right away, you can store them in the fridge for up to 10 days .