- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 Quarts
- Difficulty Level Easy
It’s so easy! Chop up some vegetables, add herbs cover with water, and simmer. Done.
You’ll have enough stock to make your soups, casseroles, and pilafs for weeks to come,
All in just a little over an hour
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup onions peeled, chopped
- 1 cup celery stalks
- 1 cup mushroom stems
- 1 cup leeks washed and sliced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup bell pepper trimmings
- 1 cup Fennel
- 1 galic glove
- 10 parsley sprigs
- 4 tyhme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 qaurts cold water
- Combine all ingredients in a stock pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to and simmer for about 30 minutes, skimming any foam that develops.
- Strain through a fine - meshed strainer dicard solids
- DO AHEAD: Stock can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool completely, then cover and chill, or as with all other stocks I sometimes reduce stock pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Once they are frozen, shake out from tray and store in freezer bags and use as needed
Welcome to my blog I live in Chicago with my wife Michelle. I have spent most of my life cooking and have been blogging since 2014. My blog focuses on balance ...Read more about this chef..